We’ve served generations of camps and conferences on the beautiful 650 acres we’re blessed to call Ponderosa.
Now we’re getting ready to turn over some new dirt in construction and renovation projects that will equip us to continue ministry for generations to come.
We invite you to consider how you can be a part of what the future holds at Ponderosa.
By God’s grace, we promise you—and the next generations—that it’s...
We will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD,
his power, and the wonders he has done.
Psalm 78:4 NIV
Would you prayerfully consider joining us with a special donation—or perhaps monthly giving—to support the improvements at Ponderosa?
We hope you’ll agree that your gracious gift will be...
A faithful monthly donation adds up over time. We would be grateful to receive your support, now through December 2014, as we gather the funds needed for our improvements.
To make it easy for you, we provide an online giving option that automatically remembers your donation every month, so you don’t have to. If you prefer to send your donation by mail, we welcome that option also.
Some folks like to give all at once—and we appreciate that too. Your donation of any amount will provide precious resources for the work God has entrusted to Ponderosa.
We encourage you to consider online giving or send your gift by mail. Click the bar below for some special gift options too.
If you are considering a special gift, we would be glad to talk to you about options for giving from the 90% to support improvements at Ponderosa—things such as:
• Stock or securities
• Real estate holdings
• Works of art
• A gift through your will or trust
When you donate property or assets directly to Ponderosa, you receive a tax deduction for the value of the gift. We sell it and receive the cash proceeds.
Please call us in advance at 719.481.2482 x15 if you are considering a gift of stock, real estate or other assets.
IRA Rollover Gift
If you are age 70½ or older, you have the opportunity to make charitable gifts of up to $100,000 per year directly from your IRA.
Example: Bob has $500,000 in an IRA and would like to contribute $25,000 to support improvements at Ponderosa. He directs the custodian of his IRA to transfer this amount directly to Ponderosa no later than December 31, 2011. He will not be subject to tax on the $25,000 distributed to Ponderosa because it was never part of his taxable income in the first place.
According to the legislation passed by Congress:
• Your gift must be made by December 31, 2011 (unless legislation is extended further).
• You must be at least 70 ½ years of age when the gift is transferred.
• As an individual, you may give up to $100,000 per year in one or more gifts, per IRA owner or beneficiary. A husband and wife with separate IRAs could give up to $200,000 per year.
• Your gift must be made directly from your IRA to a public charity.
• Your gift can be made without increasing your taxable income or withholding.
• Funds transferred from your IRA to a charity will NOT subject your Social Security income to higher tax levels, and will count toward your minimum required distribution (MRD).
Giving from your IRA may be appropriate for you if:
• You use the standard deduction rather than itemizing your deductions.
• You don't need all of the minimum distribution you're required to take from your IRA.
• You are already planning to leave your IRA money to charity after your death.
• You would not be able to deduct all of your charitable contributions because of deduction limitations.
We recommend that you contact your financial advisor or IRA custodian to confirm if an IRA gift is a good stewardship opportunity for you.
We are ever thankful to the families and associations who, over the years, have invested significantly in our buildings and in the ministry of Colorado Baptists:
Fleming Hall, 1963
Allison Pavilion, 1965
Glenn Memorial Chapel, 1967
Cherry Chateau, 1971
Cagle Chateau, 1972
Braswell Activity Center, 1984
Portis Pavilion, 1992
Continental Divide Association – Pinion Lodge, 1963
Mile High (Denver) Association – Pine Lodge, 1963
Pikes Peak Association – Pikes Peak Lodge, 1964
Chambers Pavilion, 2005
We can say with confidence that their investment has been and continues to be...
We would be pleased to meet with you and present the available opportunities for dedication in honor or memory of your family, in perpetuity.
• Retreat Center, entire building
• Main Meeting Room
• 2 Private Dining Rooms
• 4 Meeting Rooms
• 20 Guest Rooms
• Fleming Dining Hall has been named to continue the legacy of the original Fleming Hall
• Meeting Room
• 12 Guest Rooms